Graduates starting their professional career in the translation market are invited to take part in an internship programme at mLingua in Sydney. The internship is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience that is required by employers, needed to establish your own translation agency or start a freelance career.
- Translation project management
- Customer service
- Translation quality control
- Work with OCR software
- Operation of the server-based CAT system (Déjà Vu X2 TeamServer)
- Preparing and sending quotes
- Preparing tender documentation
- Administration of mLingua's community websites
- Recruitment of translators and proofreaders
The internship lasts 6 weeks (38 hours a week) or 12 weeks (20 hours a week). You may choose your working hours and days (Sundays excepted).
- Language studies diploma
- Excellent knowledge of at least one foreign language (spoken and written)
- Above-average computer skills
- A gifted and accurate writer, with good powers of observation
- Communicative ability
- Skill in making contacts
- Independence and ability to learn
What we offer
We issue a certificate of completion at the end of the internship and an internationally recognised certificate confirming knowledge of the Déjà Vu X2 software. Selected people will also be offered remote working opportunities (specific written translations or/and proofreading) on a contract basis, or full or part-time employment at mLingua in Sydney depending on the opportunities available at the time.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Graduate Internship at mLingua in Sydney". Please add the following clause to the body of your email: I hereby agree to have my personal data processed for purposes necessary for the recruitment and selection process.
We only contact selected candidates.